Thursday, April 20, 2023

One step forward two step backwards

 So today, I took my challenge exam for LPN to RN, Fundamentals of Nursing exam to get into the accelerated LPN to RN program,...AND

I only achieved a 67%, which I meant I failed, and that meant I could do the accelerated program, UGH!  I didn't want to have to take Fundamentals of Nursing in that I'm already practicing LPN and completely disheartened that if I truly want my RN, I'm going to have to do the entire program.  I felt completely defeated because I know that I know Fundamentals yet,...I failed.

After failing the exam, I realize that how much that I want to step up and be a RN versus being a LPN.  And please don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being a LPN but, I just know that I'm meant for more.

So, after some tears, let's be honest a lot of tears.  I'm patience while to see if I will be accepted into traditional RN program.  I'm going to continue to work on finish my A&P II course as well as take Microbiology and Nutrition.

I will get into a RN program, I will complete RN program, I will take my NCLEX for RN, I will become a RN because I truly believe that is my calling. 

My only regret is that I didn't go for my RN/BSN when I went to college the first time around but, unfortunately, at the time I told that I wasn't good enough, I wasn't smart enough, that I would only be compared to my Nana, and the list goes on.  I know now that I am good enough, I am smart enough, and I only person I can compare myself to is the person that I was yesterday.  

So, I will patience wait to find out whether or not I will be accepted into the traditional RN program.  I will accept that I will have to take Fundamentals (I will have to bite my tongue that entire semester because I know the reality), as well as the basic Nursing classes.

As always, one step forward and two step backwards.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment