Monday, May 22, 2023

To my girl on not making the sectionals cut

 To my baby girl my little miss my sweet pea, program for sectional come out tonight and know that you didn't make it this year is heartbreaking and knowing that you've been training through injury after injury after injury and knowing that you are trying your best but you didn't make the cut I'm so proud of you there's so many ways you have way more gumption and drive then I definitely had at your age. And while you didn't make sectionals this year you've had so many PRs this season and whatnot I am so proud of you because you keep pushing even when you didn't want to you kept pushing and that's what truly matters.

I'm truly amazed by the fact that you like the 3,000 m because "just no" that running 7 and 1/2 laps around track not my cup of tea but yeah you do it and you love it.  

Now this time for you to rest for a little bit and that's a good thing because your body needs and in a few weeks start training for cross country and hopefully you'll be my 5K time because that's what I want for you to be able to own it and surpass my time because you are amazing.

So on Saturday we will go to Sectionals to see and support your friends and teammates that made the cut and hope and train for next year, every way I'm proud of you and all of your accomplishments this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment