Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Heat vs. Cold Running

Since January this year, I have ran in degrees that were below freezing and now temperatures that have in close to 90, the temperatures that below freezing weren't too bad as long as wind chill was above 0 degrees and even the hotter temperatures haven't been as long as there is a slight breeze and humidity is below 50%.  Thus far, late spring/early summer has been very warm and definitely am learning that I have to adjust my speed/pace whether or not I want.
Here is a good chart for running in the heat:


Pace adjustments for heat and humidity:
On the flip side of things,
How the Cold & Windchill on Running Outside:

2 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder about running in temperature extremes. Hope you are enjoying your summer running streak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much enjoying the running streak thus far, that I'm have decided to challenge myself to continue the streak to end of the year if not longer.

    ReplyDelete