Saturday, May 17, 2014

The marathon training journey is coming to a close

I finished my last long run this morning with some of MRTT mamas and they knew was my last long run so, they followed my run/walk ratio, which I absolutely appreciate.  We maintained 9:30 pace for 10 miles, which felt amazing because I felt relax and confident about doing the marathon now.  Knowing that I have a week and wake up before it, makes a little nervous but more so, I'm excited to do this.  Since January, I have ran almost 480 miles in training for this marathon.  I have changed my diet (limited my processed sugars); how much I hydrate before, during, after a run; I found tested out what kind of gels, chews, waffles, etc.; started cross training twice a day in order to strength my core; kept a running log; and have experience some minor set backs but, was able to adjust and move forward.  This coming week, I'm suppose to run 3 miles on Monday, 4 miles on Wednesday, 2 miles on Thursday, rest on Friday and Saturday, then finally the marathon starts at 7 am.

I'm so grateful for Bill and MRTT mamas in being so supportive, encouraging, and just simply awesome to help me mentally and physically prepare for this marathon because without all of them (especially Bill), I think I might have given up a couple months.

I think the biggest thing I have learned on this journey thus far, it is ok to be discouraged and have the moments of weakness when the voice in your head is screaming at you to stop and this isn't worth all of this but, also ok to tell THAT voice to sit, shut f$%k up, and believe that you got this.

So, I know that I will probably have a point in the marathon that I want to get up but, I will trust my training to this point and know that failure IS NOT an option, duct tape that negative voice in my head, keep telling myself that I'm strong, trust your training, and you've got this.  I don't know what my time will be when I cross that finish line but, I WILL cross that finish line knowing that I did everything that I possibly could to prepare for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment