Monday, March 10, 2014

Half/Full Marathons Plans

The two training plans.  The first one is for half marathon training:


The second one is for marathon training:

I have combined several different training plans/programs as well as my own experience to make up the half marathon plan.  With the marathon training plan I combined several different training plans, never increasing more than 15% a week for the mileage.  I have found after running 2 half marathons that having a long taper period doesn't well for me because I feel like I'm resting too much and then I feel winded during the race.  I'm at start of week 8 of the marathon training and so far, I really like this plan because I build up the mileage for 3 weeks and back off for a week, then start building up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment