Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Start to my 40s

 I didn't sleep very well last night, I kept waking thinking that I was going to miss my alarm because today was "pool day" workout.  I got up for my "pool day" workout, I did 1900 yds in 33 mins, which is pretty good for a pool workout for me as late.  I came home drank a protein shake with a banana, kind of let the day be "lazy" (since I'm suppose to be on vacation from work).  I wanted to let myself reflect on my 30s as well as last 21 yrs because I graduated high school when I was 19.  I'm proud of all what I done, BS degree in Recreational Therapy & minor in Psychology, CTRS, being SAHM, WAHM, recreation assistant, CNA, PCT, and now LPN.  Looking back at the whole picture I wouldn't change being at SAHM or WAHM because it allowed to be there for my children at a young age and educate them.   I have told Bill repeatedly, that my "BIGGEST" regret that I didn't go to BOCES my junior and senior year and get my LPN back then and get my BSN when I was Utica because I definitely had grades, ACTs/SCTs scores for it.  I justify for not getting my BSN because I didn't want to compare to my Nana and I didn't have the support to be a nurse because "I wouldn't good enough."  Yet, I graduated with 2.98 GPA (mind you I have learning disability) in 3 1/2 years and those in education told my parents that I wouldn't amount too much because I wasn't smart enough.  I want to go back to all of those educators that said that to my parents and well thank you because of you, I worked harder to achieve my dreams and now I have Bachelors degree as well as being nurse at VA and I'm very proud of myself and what I have become.  

Here is to next 10 years of craziness and multiple changes, i.e. kids growing, kids graduating, possible going back to school again, and continuing to do marathons/ultramarathons and possible more triathlons.

No comments:

Post a Comment