Sunday, September 8, 2019

Receiving my license as a Practical Nurse

On September 5th, 2019 New York State Board of Nursing issued my license as a Practical Nurse.  While I already have a bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation with minor of Psychology and had a certification as CTRS as well as CNA, receiving my license was most proudest moments professionally in my life because I felt like I finally arrived.  I feel like I have always been drawn to healthcare and I choose to go into recreation therapy because I felt that I would NOT measure up to my grandmother (my nana) if I went into nursing.  While I enjoyed working in the recreation field and it helped me when we were faced with our oldest son being diagnosis with Autistic as well as a mood disorder, I never felt like it fulfill me because it didn't constantly challenged me.  Now, I have received my license and accepted as a position as a LPN, I feel like I be will challenged and I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment